By Susan McMullen, Research Services and User Engagement Librarian
OneSearch is a user-friendly method of searching across the HELIN Library Catalog AND the full-text of much of RWU Library’s electronic holdings. OneSearch streamlines your research process by giving you just one place to search for topics instead of hunting out specific research databases. Use OneSearch to discover millions of books, eBooks, scholarly articles, newspapers, sound recordings, DVDs, government documents and online videos. You can limit your search to find exactly what you need.
What’s included in OneSearch?
- All the materials in the HELIN Library Catalog, such as books, government documents, and DVDs.
- Scholarly journal articles, newspaper and magazine articles from the library’s research databases, such as Academic Search Complete, JSTOR, and Science Direct.
- E-books from collections such as eBrary, eBook Academic Collection from EBSCOhost, Project Muse, Oxford University Press, and others.
- Resources from the Library’s digital collections, such as DOCS@RWU.
- Facets in the left column allow you to limit your search by format, location, date, content provider and more.
- Limit your search results to the HELIN Catalog only OR to scholarly “peer-reviewed” articles only.
- Export citations directly to RefWorks.
- Link to the full bibliographic record by clicking on the item’s title in the results list.
- Open full text articles by selecting PDF or Full Text at RWU
Off Campus Access:
- Make sure you log in to see all of your results. The Log in link is found in the top right corner. Just enter your name and library barcode. Your barcode is found on the back of your student ID.
- OneSearch is mobile phone friendly.
How to Search:
Enter your search terms in the search box located on the Library home page, then limit your results to meet your research needs. Facets for limiting your search are in the left hand column and can be selected and deselected as desired.
You may wish to limit to
- the HELIN Catalog only
- Articles and more (online resources including ebooks)
- Online videos or another material format
- By date range
- By content provider (database)
Articles will link directly to the full-text if it is available at RWU. If an article is not available you will see a link to fill out an interlibrary loan request.