by Heidi Benedict, University Archivist
The Fulton/Howe Papers include thousands of letters and postcards, some written as far back as the 1880s. Work-study students, Julia Bradley and Victoria Ramos, are helping the University Archivist, Heidi Benedict, process the correspondence. At this point they’re about half way through the collection.
Some postcards show Bristol at the turn of the twentieth century, including one showing Mark Antony DeWolf’s Mudge House, built in 1840 by Russell Warren and destroyed by fire in 1919. Also included are a ca. 1904 postcard of the Herreshoff Boat Shops and later ones of Hope Street, the Mt. Hope Bridge, and Bristol Town Beach.
For more from this collection view the article below: