By Betsy Peck Learned, Interim Dean
The Library Learning Commons staff thank all of our students and faculty for making our year an exciting and productive one! To all of our graduating seniors, we wish you the best of luck in finding the job of your dreams, a second degree, or just a lazy, fun-filled summer!
Highlights of our year include:
- Welcoming our new partners in the Center for Student Academic Success to the building—Associate Provost Bob Shea, his assistant Jane Magliocco, and the Advising and Peer Mentoring staff—Morgan Cottrell, Liz Niemeyer, and Karen Johnson.
- A new Mary Tefft White Cultural Center with the latest digital technology and moving glass walls for noise control.
- Bright and cheerful new digs for Student Accessibility Services on the first floor of the library.
- Partnering with the Center for Teaching and Learning on faculty development initiatives including the Faculty Writing Retreat, and Open Educational Resources.
- Collaborative library programming with Rogers Free Library in Bristol including shared Talking in the Library events and a memoir writing workshop.
- Completing our first full year of our library blog, Connections including student writers!