By Betsy Learned, Dean of University Libraries
Welcome to all our new students and to those returning to campus! I know we can all relate to the excitement of the new school year—new shoes, new books, and the great potential for new friends and experiences.
Over the summer the library staff have been busy migrating to a new library system. Because our data has not yet been completely migrated, you may find searching for books and articles to be somewhat more difficult than it used to be. If you have any problems please call our Information Desk at x3084 or stop by to see us. You can also still search the old HELIN catalog for the next few months at http://library.uri.edu. As always, our library staff is here to help you with any of your assignments and/or research.
For those of you who are new to RWU, the library building includes many partners who together are called the Learning Commons. This helps you locate all your academic support services under one roof. These services include:
- Library Information Desk
- Media-Tech Help Desk
- CSALT (Center for Scholarship, Assessment, Learning and Technology)
- Student Accessibility Services
- Mary Tefft White Cultural Center (for student study when not in use for events)
- University Archives
- Web and Digital Services
- Advising and Peer Mentoring
- Tutoring and Writing Center
- CSALT administrative offices
- Quiet study floor
- Group study rooms
- Library Instruction Lab (LIL)
- Library administrative offices
Have a wonderful semester and please come see us in the Learning Commons!