by Susan McMullen, Professor – Research Services & User Engagement Librarian
Whether you are a RefWorks user or not you will want to check out the new RefWorks that is currently available to all RWU students, faculty and staff.
The updated version of RefWorks offers users the ability to collect, manage and organize their research papers and documents quickly and easily. With RefWorks you can:
- Import citations and documents from library databases
- Organize your citations into folders for managing your research
- Collaborate with classmates or colleagues by sharing folders
- Import PDF documents for reading and annotating within RefWorks
- Use the Save to RefWorks feature to capture research from websites
- Quickly create bibliographies in any stylesheet format
- Format your paper with in-text citations and footnotes
To sign up for a RefWorks account simply go to http://refworks.proquest.com and click on create account. You must use your RWU email to create an account. If you are creating an account from off campus, you will need the RefWorks Group Code. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 254-3375 for that group code.
If you already have a Legacy RefWorks account, all you need to do is login and click on the small link at the top of the screen and you will be prompted to create a new RefWorks login.
After your new RefWorks account opens, simply click on the + icon and import your legacy RefWorks references.
To help you learn how to use RefWorks, please refer to our Libguide found at http://rwu.libguides.com/refworks. Here you will find information and tutorials on getting started with RefWorks, using and sharing folders, importing citations and pdfs, creating a bibliography and formatting your paper.